Online Marketing Checklist
Most of what you need to know about online marketing (without the painful details).
January 15, 2011
- Page views: how many pages on average are viewed each day;
- Visits: how many individual visits are made to your website
(a normal ratio is 2-3 page views per visit);
- Referrers: which are the top sites sending you traffic each month;
- Search terms: what kinds of searches are finding your site.
Enquiries and sales
- How many enquiries are coming directly from your website;
- How many sales are coming directly from your website;
- How are new customers finding your website?
- Decide on the keywords that you are targeting on your website;
- Keep keywords in mind when writing copy for your site;
- Pay particular attention to the wording of page titles;
- Make sure home page copy reflects the key content on your site;
- Modify home page copy regularly, particularly the title.
Links from other sites
- Reciprocal links: link to partner websites and request a link in return;
- Directories: start with dmoz.org and look for other suitable directory listings.
- Google Adwords: Use it as a benchmark for other paid listings;
- Other pay-per-click services, such as espotting and overture;
- Paid links in directories, such as Yahoo;
- Paid links from other websites;
- Keep monitoring the cost and do your best to measure the benefits.